2018年10月1日 星期一

English Speaking Day 14th September 2018

Student: 6A, 6C

6A Raymond and Muse
Muse:
(studying)
Raymond:
Hi, Muse, why are you so frustrated?
Muse:
(Sigh) Dse is approaching. You know, studying is taking me so much time and effort!
Raymond:
What study method do you use? If you use the right methods, you should find it much easier to revise and handle any tests and exams.
Muse:
Em…I usually memorize stuff by repeating the information.
Raymond:
Do you actually understand the concepts?
Muse:
Em…not really. By the way, is there a better method for studying?
Raymond:
Yes. You can try a method called ‘retrieval practice’ to revise materials for exams and use a process of self-evaluation to test yourself on those topics. When you are studying and learning a new concept, you will need to try connecting the new concepts with previous ones you have studied.
Muse:
So, do you mean that if I am learning about a new concept in chemistry, I first need to recall what I have already learned in chemistry, and try to use that previous knowledge to help me make sense of the new information?
Raymond:
Yes, this method is all about training students how to remember something by retrieving it and thinking about it. You can use a topic or a key word as a starting point to revise each concept. Whenever you fail to recall a concept properly, you should then go back and try to fill in the gaps in your knowledge.
Muse:
It sounds great! This can help us develop a sense of self-awareness about our learning. Thanks for your suggestion.
Raymond:
Not at all. In fact, everyone’s study preferences are different. You need to evaluate whether my suggestion really works best for you.
Muse:
Right! I will try this new study method and hope that it’s useful for me.
That’s the end of our sharing today. Thank you.

6C (E1) Eric Ke

Good morning principal, teachers and fellow students, I’m Eric Ke from 6C.

As time goes by, I’m already a form 6 student. Back then, my school life has been fruitful and unforgettable indeed. I have been meeting a myriad of friends and classmates, my class is very united because all classmates are really to help each other. Most importantly, I never feel bored staying in the classroom. It’s grateful that I have met my funny and diligent classmates who always create a great learning environment. With their support, I believe I can survive under the great academic pressure from DSE.

DSE is coming soon, I hope everyone of us could get good result in DSE. Also, I hope all form 6 students, including me will study hard and do our best in DSE. Thank you.

沒有留言:

張貼留言